The range of information materials provided by NASS includes fact sheets, patient guides and audio files on a wide variety of medical and lifestyle topics.
Simply click on the title of the publication below to download or listen to its contents. Information provided by NASS is constantly under review and new topics of interest will be added over the coming months.
Fact sheets: covering exercise, lifestyle and medical issues
- Anaesthesia & AS: Most people with AS will have no problems with anaesthesia but there are some for whom difficulties may arise and it's important to be aware of this in advance of any planned surgery
- Blue Badge Parking Scheme: An explanation of the scheme including eligibility and the application process
- Pilates: An explanation of pilates and how it can benefit you if you have AS
- TENS Machines: The effectiveness of TENS machines in relieving pain for people with AS
- Tai Chi: An introduction to tai chi and the benefits for people with AS
- Driving and AS: Driving safely, Assessment centres, the DVLA, Motability and Blue Badges
- Fatigue and AS: What causes fatigue in AS and how it can be managed
- Uveitis and AS: Symptoms and treatments for uveitis
Guide to exercise
- Back to Action: A guide to exercising safely in the gym (pdf version). You can also buy a printed, spiral bound version in the NASS shop
- Back to Action App: We have now been able to produce an App for iPhones, iPod touches and iPads which you can download completely free of charge from the Apple Shop
Dr Andrew Keat, consultant rheumatologist discusses the difficulties of diagnosis.
Hannah, a member of NASS describes her experience of diagnosis.