NASS is the only registered charity dedicated to the needs of people affected by ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in the UK.
Since April 1976 NASS has played a crucial role in providing accurate and up to date information. This allows people with AS to understanding their condition and make more informed choices in the management of their symptoms. We do this by:
- NASS Helpline open daily to talk about all things AS
- We have accurate and up to date patient guides, fact sheets, audio podcasts and videos
- Our Back to Action guide to exercising safely in the gym is available as a download and a free app
- 90 local branches offer regular supervised hydrotherapy and physiotherapy sessions
- NASS keep everyone updated with the all latest developments on the website, in our monthly E-News and in AS News ;
- We work alongside the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), health service providers and policy makers to raise the profile of AS and, highlight the need for earlier diagnosis and access to appropriate care
- WE actively encourage participation into research into the cause, genetics, treatment and management of the disease.