Ankylosing Spondylitis International Federation (ASIF)
ASIF is the international body for AS consisting of patient groups from around 25 countries who all share the same objectives:
- An exchange of information and experiences among the member societies
- Co operation in international research projects
- Support of the development of newly foremed societies
- Contact with people with AS in countries where an AS society does not yet exist
- Working together to raise awareness of AS as a condition and of the needs of people with AS
NASS was involved in the foundation of ASIF when representatives from a number of AS societies met in Bath in 1988 to discuss the merits of an international association.
ASIF has designated the first Saturday in May each year as World AS Day.
Click here for the current list of ASIF Member Countries.