Back to Action is an exercise programme specifically designed for people with AS.
It has been created by physiotherapists working with NASS and the exercise therapists and doctors who treat military personnel with AS at Headley Court.
It uses the most up to date knowledge from the fields of physiotherapy and sports medicine.
We have tried to make the programme as clear, straightforward and enjoyable as possible, so that you can use it in a gym or at home as part of your daily routine.
The programme covers mobility, cardiovascular, strength, flexibility and breathing exercises with additional information on other classes and sport as well as information about AS for gym personnel.
You can download the Back to Action App for android phones completely free of charge from Google Play, on Amazon Appstore on Kindle OR you can download the Back to Action App for iPhones, iPod touches and iPads free of charge from the Apple App Store. When you are searching in the App Store, make sure that you search under 'mobile apps'.
Included in both versions of the App are:
- A recommended warm up
- Sections on mobility, cardiovascular, strength, flexibility and breathing exercises
- Written and visual guides on 31 exercises
- 23 videos spanning all 5 sections
- Audio clips on all exercises
- Information on other sports and classes
- Information for gym personnel
- An exercise diary outlining a suggested week of exercise
Last reviewed: July 2014