If you would like to speak to Sally Dickinson, our Information Officer for support and information about AS please call:
020 8948 9117
Sally is available between 09:00 and 12:00 Monday to Friday to answer your calls. Out of hours or if the line is busy you can leave a message with Jill or on the answer phone and Sally will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively you can always email Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Sally is away at the British Society of Rheumatology conference from Monday 22 April to Thursday 25 April, getting all the latest updates on the management of AS. She will be in the office again on Friday 26 April.
If Sally is unable to answer your query she can approach one of the NASS Medical Advisors on your behalf. Our medical advisors include rheumatologists and physiotherapists.
The telephone helpline receives a whole range of queries. We have listed some of the areas people call to enquire about along with links to further information on the issue.
- Problems around diagnosis
- Medication, including anti TNF therapy
- Exercise and physiotherapy
- State benefits including Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Problems with pain
- Associated conditions including uveitis, skin problems and inflammatory bowel disease
- Complementary therapies
- Insurance issues
- Finding a consultant with an interest in AS
- Lifestyle issues including beds, chairs and driving
- Genetics of AS