Inflammatory Arthritis Patient Information Pathway
This a guide to what information is available and might be useful for you at every key stage of your journey, from first symptoms to specialist care.
NASS provide information for people with ankylosing spondylitis (axial spondyloarthritis) (AS).
Step 1 : Recognising symptoms before seeking help
You may have symptoms but haven't yet talked to your GP.
Step 2: Visiting the GP for the first time
- Read our page on the next steps to diagnosis before your GP appointment
Step 3: Seeing the specialist for the first time following referral
- See some of the difficulties in diagnosing AS
- Who makes up your rheumatology team
- Understanding the terms used
Step 4: Tests, treatments and information
- An overview of AS
- Read the NASS guides to living with AS
- Top tips for living well with AS
Step 5: Ongoing care
- More information on the medications used in AS
- More information on exercise including our free Back to Action guide to exercise
- How NASS Near You can support you
- Psychological impact of being diagnosed with AS
- Managing your AS at Work
Step 6: Long term disease and complications