Last updated:28th February 2017


The UK benefits system is complex

If you want advice on what you could be claiming do contact a local Welfare Rights service such as Citizen's Advice. If you call your local council and say you want help with welfare rights they will give you a local contact number.

NASS have access to a number of publications produced by an external agency called Benefits and Work covering a range of issues including:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Claiming PIP and appealing PIP decisions
  • Claiming ESA and appealing ESA decisions

These are all available free of charge to NASS members by contacting Sally Dickinson. Please specify which of the guides you would like to receive. We do also write supporting letters for NASS members.

If do you feel you need more advice we recommend that you contact a Welfare Rights organisation which offer a free service. They will often provide you with assistance in filling out long forms correctly and will make sure you know what benefits are available to you.

If you do feel you have been unjustly turned down for a benefit then do appeal the decision. Use your closest Welfare Rights organisation and make sure you have our guide to appealing.





Your privacy is important to us. We want to be sure you know how and why we use your data. View our Privacy Statement for more details. This also includes information on how we use cookies.