In 2017 the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) published a guideline on how people with both axial spondyloarthritis and peripheral spondyloarthritis should be diagnosed and managed.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- How your GP should be checking for axial SpA (AS)
- What your GP should be doing if they suspect you may have axial SpA (AS)
- How rheumatologists should be diagnosing axial SpA (AS)
- How your axial SpA (AS) should be managed with medication and physiotherapy
- What information and support you should be receiving
We have worked to develop an interactive tool to help you understand the guidelines and the care you should receive. It includes videos of both healthcare professionals and people living with axial SpA (AS).