As the Covid-19 pandemic hit, people needed our support more than ever
We have been changing the lives of people living with axial SpA (AS) for more than 40 years and remain determined to ensure that no one is locked out of life because of axial SpA. We know with the right information, guidance and support, anyone can develop the skills and confidence they need to live well with the condition.
The Covid-19 pandemic may have over-shadowed 2020, but thanks to the support of everyone in our community, our work to deliver our new five-year strategy didn’t stop.
Despite significant challenges, we continued to campaign policy makers for better services, worked with the NHS to improve care and made sure people got the latest information and support they needed to tackle the challenges of life with the condition.
- Our helpline supported more than 5,600 people
- We helped people obtain more than £852,000 in disability benefits
- To combat isolation, we called more than 500 people during lockdown
- Our campaign to ensure people had access to vital NHS services during the pandemic and beyond was supported by 863 people
- Videos we produced to empower people to manage the challenges of life with axial SpA were watched 135,000 times
- We called for the first Gold Standard to end the unacceptable 8.5-year delay to diagnosis of axial SpA and secured a landmark parliamentary debate
- And delivered the largest programme in the UK to improve the quality of care for axial SpA patients.
Want to know more about the difference we made in 2020? Download a copy of our latest Impact Report.
Axial SpA works silently. But we don’t
We couldn’t have done this without your generosity
Did you know that NASS receives no statutory funding? We rely on the generosity of our community to do our life-changing work, but 2020 was a challenging year for fundraising, with many events cancelled or postponed.
We want to say a big thank you to everyone who found inventive ways to fundraise or donate during the Covid-19 crisis. Your support meant that we could carry on helping thousands of people live well with axial SpA.