Activities: Hydrotherapy and Gym exercise
Day: Wednesday, 19:00-20:00
Venue: Ross Memorial Hospital Ferry Rd, Dingwall, Ross-Shire IV15 9QT
Cost: £15 per month for all members
Transport: Local transport available from Dingwall and Inverness, Free on-site parking available
Lisa Howarth 01463 242 699
Who we are
NASS Dingwall Branch is a self-help group run by people with ankylosing spondylitis and their family and friends.
We have members all over the Highlands of Scotland. Because the travelling distance is too far for some members to attend the weekly classes, we also loan equipment to help with your exercises and manage pain.
We also have fundraising functions throughout the year and have a Christmas dinner and prize draw.
What we do
NASS Dingwall aim to: -
- Help with better management of your ankylosing spondylitis
- Hold a physiotherapy class in a gym every other week, taken by a fully qualified physiotherapist.
- Hold a physiotherapy class lead by a fully qualified physiotherapist in the Puffin Hydrotherapy Pool alternate weeks to gym classes.
- To keep a yearly record of your joint mobility, and inform you if there is a decrease in any particular joint.
- Advise on the best physiotherapy type exercise.
- Loan you equipment to help with your exercises
- Loan you equipment to help you manage your pain.
- To answer your questions about AS.