You can dedicate your birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other special occasion to raise awareness and help support people living with axial SpA (AS).
Asking people for a donation instead of (or alongside!) a gift is a wonderful way to mark your special day, support NASS and raise awareness of axial SpA (AS).
You can also set up a Facebook fundraiser to mark the occasion.
Top tips for maximising your fundraising
- Tell your story and add a photo: On your fundraising page, tell your supporters about NASS, and why you have decided to fundraise.
- Set a target: People with a target on their page raise significantly more than those who don’t.
- Ask people to add Gift Aid by mentioning the benefits of doing so on your page description: If they’re a UK tax-payer, this will increase their donation by 25% at no extra cost.
- Ask your employer if they offer ‘Matched Giving’: You could double your donation if your employer agrees to match the amount you raise.
- Tell us about your plans: We can offer fundraising support, balloons, sponsorship forms and collection tins to help make your fundraising a success.
- Tell the world! Be sure to tell the world about your fundraising activity! Share with friends, family and colleagues and ask people to dig deep and donate.
Every penny you raise makes a real difference to our vital services and ensures that everyone living with axial SpA (AS) has somewhere to turn for expert advice and support, and aren’t alone with their condition during.
If you would like to know more or tell us about your fundraising activity, please click here to contact our Fundraising team. We’ll be in touch with you soon!