NASS has suspended all branch activity until further notice due to the current COVID19 outbreak. Please follow the link from our homepage for more information.
- Dedicated axial SpA (AS) clinic every second month. Patient education is one of the aspects emphasised during these consultations both by Physicians and also the Nurse specialist.
- Fatigue management and Self Help During Flares courses for all axial SpA (AS) patients currently being planned for roll out
- The rheumatologist with an interest in axial SpA (AS) is Dr A A Jilani
- The department has a very helpful secretary who is up-to-date with the needs of axial SpA (AS) patients, and promptly deals with funding requests for biologic therapy for qualifying patients
- There are also three very experienced Specialist Nurses. They are well versed in carrying out measures such as BASMI and proactively screen patients for treatment escalation to biologic therapy
- The department also have a close relationship with an ophthalmologist
- The team also covers Chelsea & Westminster Hospital