NASS has suspended all branch activity until further notice due to the current COVID19 outbreak. Please follow the link from our homepage for more information.
Northampton General Hospital
- Weekly axial SpA (AS) clinic with nurses.
- A specialist physiotherapist is available to assess all patients with a nurse or pharmacist assessing medications once per month.
- All new patients currently have access to a physiotherapy appointment on diagnosis
- All patients on biologic therapy see the nurse while a physiotherapist takes measurements and gives advice. Biological therapies and annual review clinics are available
- There is always a consultant rheumatologist in the clinic to be consulted when needed
- If patients would benefit from further physiotherapy, a referral for the outpatients department for more treatment or for hydrotherapy is available
- The department uses self-reported outcome monitoring through TalkingAS
- Rheumatologists with an interest in axial SpA (AS) are Dr James Taylor, Dr Rachel Jeffery and Dr Pradip Nandi
- NASS Northampton Group offer weekly hydrotherapy sessions in a local school
- The team also covers Kettering General Hospital
- There is a weekly hydrotherapy session held at a local school swimming pool also