If you want to organise your own sponsored walk, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you have your own idea or are looking for inspiration, our friendly fundraising team (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to help you get started.
There are a initial points to think about when organising a sponsored walk, but please contact us for more help and information:
- Think about your date – you may want to think about avoiding a public holiday or when there are other events taking place so that friends and family are more likely to be free to join you.
- Where to walk – when choosing your location, think about whether doing a circular route (starting and finishing at the same point) would be easier for people, or if you do a walk from one place to another, consider how you will get there/back. Also consider places of interest or great view points to keep your walk interesting, or look up local footpaths to help you keep away from busy roads. As long as your walk is on all public routes, you won’t need any permission to go ahead with it.
- Distance – along with thinking about where to walk, think about how far. Remember, your walk shouldn’t be too easy, but nor should it be unachievable! You are raising money for a good cause so make sure you are planning something that is a challenge so that people are motivated to sponsor you – we know that will be different for everyone.
- Are you walking alone? If not, are your fellow walkers getting sponsored too? If they are, let us know and we can send NASS t-shirts for all of you!
- Finally, how would you like to collect your sponsorship? We recommend setting up an online fundraising page at JustGiving – we could also send you paper sponsorship forms if they are helpful.
Once you’ve thought about these points, planning the walk is easy! Get us involved and we’ll help you every step of the way.