“We collected £610 in memory of my father who suffered with axial SpA for 40 years. His wife Susan and my family have donated the money to help support other AS sufferers.” (Karen)
We have several ways for you to honour the memory of your loved one while supporting our work at the same time.
Please let us know the name of the person you are remembering.
2. Send a cheque
Send a cheque payable to NASS to:
Ground Floor, Unit 6, Cambridge Court,
210 Shepherds Bush Road,
Please let us know the name of the person you are remembering and, if you are sending more than one cheque from multiple people, who you’d like us to thank.
3. Create a tribute page
Create an online tribute page devoted to the life of your loved one using any one of:
You can share memories, photos and videos with friends and family, and any money you raise in their name will be dedicated to them here.
4. Collection in lieu of flowers at a funeral
You may wish to ask family and friends to donate at the funeral instead of giving flowers.
If you do, please ask your Funeral Director to forward the donations received to
NASS, Ground Floor, Unit 6, Cambridge Court,
210 Shepherds Bush Road,
Please note that we cannot accept cash donations at this time.
5. Other ways to donate in memory of someone special
- Phone. Call 020 8741 1515 and press option 2.
- Bank transfer.
Bank name: Barclays Bank Plc
Account name: National Axial Spondyloarthritis Society
Account number: 53976149
Sort code: 20-46-76.
IBAN: GB84 BUKB 2046 7653 9761 49
Please include the name of the person you are donating in memory of in the reference and email email@example.com to let us know to expect your donation so that we can thank you.
If you are a UK tax payer, please don’t forget to add Gift Aid to your donation which can add up to 25% more to NASS at no cost to you.
Whenever you donate to us, online or over the phone, you’ll be asked if you want to add Gift Aid to your donation.
Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten to add Gift Aid – you can sign up today by filling in this form and returning it by post: 2023 Gift Aid Declaration form updated
The impact of your support
- £10 can enable our Helpline team to respond to a call or email and provide guidance and advice to anyone affected by axial SpA.
- £25 could help provide a pack of NASS guidebooks for a local axial SpA clinic.
- £50 could help our team provide 1:1 welfare and benefits support for someone living with axial SpA.
- £100 could help by contributing towards the cost of one of our weekly My AS My Life sessions to help people living with axial SpA manage their symptoms between hospital appointments.
- £250 could help us run an online session to help up to 20 people learn how to manage symptoms of axial SpA, such as extreme pain, severe exhaustion and poor sleep.
We urgently need your support
Your support for NASS and people with axial SpA is more critical than ever:
- As the NHS recovers from the pandemic, 67% of people with axial SpA are being left to cope with debilitating pain, exhaustion and fatigue alone.
- The current economic climate has meant that we have seen a reduction in fundraising income.
- With a cost-of-living crisis, more people than ever need support to claim life-changing disability benefits they are entitled to.
Axial SpA works silently. We don’t.
Axial SpA is an inflammatory condition of the spine and joints. Inflammation where muscles attach to the bones, causes extreme pain. It’s an invisible and often misdiagnosed condition. Often leaving people feeling powerless, in increasing pain and extreme exhaustion. If left untreated, it can permanently fuse bones together.
NASS is the only charity in the UK dedicated to supporting people with axial SpA. NASS doesn’t receive any statutory funding. We rely on your kindness and generosity, and other people like you, to help us transform the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with axial SpA and help more people live well with the condition sooner.